Nájera. Monasterio de Santa María La Real

The monastery was founded by King Don García Sánchez III “he of Nájera” and his wife Doña Estefanía de Foix who ordered its construction in 1052.
The current church dates from the 16th century and its ensemble is noted for the Royal Pantheon of the Kings of the kingdom of Nájera-Pamplona, the 12th-century sepulchre of Doña Blanca of Navarra, and the choir and the Cloister of Knights which is decorated with a open stone tracery in the plateresque style; it is a National Monument.

+ info


Coordinates: 42.417132,-2.735498