Cáceres. Plaza de San Jorge

It is located in the heart of the city’s walled enclosure and is dominated by the façade of the Church of San Francisco Javier. This building can be reached by a flight of steps owing to the considerable difference in height, on which there is a niche with a sculpture of Saint George, the patron saint of the city, on horseback. Cáceres was conquered from the Moslems in 1229 on the night of its feast-day.

+info


Coordinates: 39.4738414,-6.372507