Burgos. Monasterio de las Huelgas

It was founded in 1187 by King Alfonso VIII of Castile and Queen Eleanor of England as a royal pantheon and place of spiritual retreat for the ladies of the nobility. Several kings were crowned here. It retains its Romanesque cloister and Mudejar decoration and also holds a Museum of Original Medieval Fabrics.

+info


Coordinates: 42.336620,-3.720174